Friday, August 10, 2012

Gifts from above

Sometimes, gifts just drop from the sky. I opened my garage door last night to go on my photo safari to hunt the elusive night shot; and like a curtain rising on the largest stage of all, my eyes (and now, yours) beheld this scene... 


Who remembers the passage from Tracey Chevalier's Girl with a Pearl Earring where Vermeer asks Griet to describe the color of the clouds as seen from the iconic window of his atelier? She immediately responds with white, the classic answer; then upon deeper reflection, she gives the painterly response.

Also, see my more recent post called "Cloud Collage" for more thoughts on this theme.







2 comments:

Unknown said...

I never get gifts from above. They all come from real peeps. and yes... santa IS REAL :DDDD.

Katie said...

That is an extremely cool shot and I think it is very inspiring. Never would have guessed that was taken near our house!