Monday, September 10, 2012

Life Promise


Did you miss me? Well, I'm back with more images and thoughts to ponder (please share a response by commenting).

Here we have the stalk that would bloom! It was a bit touch and go there for a while, especially when the other promising stem fell over as a result of over-eager pruning. But "life would find a way" as my mother would say. The excellence of this bloom lies not in the sheer size of the flowers posted in Topsy-turvy Eden (August post); instead, the lovely quintessential quality of the sunflower has grown with hope and expectation of the gardener.
















Something on the same theme of the promise in life.... Here's a rainbow after a terrific drenching; getting a lot of these this summer. This storm was a hurricane aftermath, I believe. We would have driven right past this sight, if I hadn't happened to glance out the side window. It was breath-taking in scope, since it was almost the full 180 degree arc. We were able to make out the umbra of the double rainbow as well.

The last time I saw a double rainbow was on my solitary ride from Charlottesville to DC in the early 90's. I almost drove right off the Rte. 29!

'Bow over the Beltway







2 comments:

Janet said...

I grew that sunflower! its so happy and cheerful to read good blog posts, especially during my read of Life As We Knew It.

Janet said...

It was wonderful to see the bloom. I wonder if there are seeds inside now that the petals are down?


The ModSub